From this tutorial you will learn how to set up Hotmail on iPad and iPad 2 manually. New iPad users may want to know how to add their Hotmail accounts to iPad, as iPad and iPad2 do not list Hotmail as an option by default, unlike those for Gmail, Yahoo mail and AOL. Hotmail help you to access email from anywhere at any time if an Internet connection is enabled on your iPad or iPad 2. You can follow bellow steps to set up Hotmail on your iPad.
Step 1. Tap the Mail icon on the desktop of the ipad.
Step 2. Tap the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option.
Step 3. Tap the “Add Account” option.
Step 4. Tap the “Other” at the bottom of the account types list.
Step 5. Tap Add Mail Account.
Step 6. Enter your name and Hotmail credentials.
Be sure to use your full Hotmail address, including ‘@hotmail.com’
Step 7. Tap on the Save button.
Hotmail on iPad configuration options and tips:
1. Incoming Mail Server for Hotmail (pop server) should be: pop3.live.com
2. Outgoing Mail Server for Hotmail (SMTP server) should be:smtp.live.com
3. Hotmail User Name should be the full email address like <yourusername>@hotmail.com
4. From the Settings page, tap on Hotmail Accounts, go to the Advanced page you can set and change the following options:
(1)Remove: Deleted messages removal frequency.
(2)Use SSL: Option to use SSL encryption.
(4)Delete from server: Tells the iPad whether or not to leave messages on Hotmail severs.
(5)Server Port: Port number used. By default 995 for pop3 server, 25 for smtp server.
5. You can add additional Hotmail accounts to your iPad by repeating the same steps specified in this guide.
6. For many popular email service and accounts like Google email, Yahoo! Mail, AOL email, iPad enters most of the settings for you. When setting up the account, you can choose which account services you want to use with iPad. Services you turn on are synced automatically over the air.