The first thing you may want to do when you get a new BlackBerry smartphone could be setting up email account on the BlackBerry so you can check emails anywhere on the go. Setting up an email address on your BlackBerry smartphone is quite easy. You can get started immediately without even a user manual. This tutorial describes the easy steps to add your email account to your BlackBerry. See bellow steps:
- Verify that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to the wireless network.
- Locate and click on the Setup folder.
- Within the Setup folder, click Email Settings.
- You will be provided with a listing of various email providers, such as Yahoo mail, Gmail, AOL, AIM, Hotmail, MSN, Live Mail. Simply pick your email service provider if it is listed from there, then click Next to proceed. If you are integrating an email address from another provider, select Other and click Next.
- Input your email address and password, click Next and you’re done!
For example, if you want to set up your Hotmail email address on BlackBerry smartphone. Please choose Windows Live™ (Hotmail, MSN®, Live) from the listing that appears after selecting Email Settings, then type in your Hotmail user name and password into the email address and password boxes separately. After that, click Next, that’s it. Your email setup will be confirmed with a message as bellow:
You have successfully added ***@hotmail.com. A new icon for this mailbox has been added to the Home Screen. You can use this mailbox to send and receive new email from your device.